Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sushi's Song of the day, 5-5-2012, Luscious Jackson

See now this is just the sort of time when I'd queue up my Beastie Boys playlist and have myself a time: The kiddo is off somewhere, I have the house to myself, and have consumed enough coffee to ensure a productive cleaning spree. I actually gave that a shot, playing the Beastie Boys, I mean, but I found it made me kinda sad. It may be a little while before I'm able to fully enjoy the B Boys again, without thinking "Aw man, he's dead."

Luckily I have music for days. Weeks, really. I think I'm going to make today a Chicks that rock kind of day, starting with a band that was actually sort of discovered by the Beastie Boys, and were the first act signed to their Grand Royal Records label, Luscious Jackson.

 Again props must be given to that long ago mix tape master boyfriend of mine. I hate to think what I'd be listening to had he not come along to so significantly broaden my musical horizons. Totally makes up for any areas in which he may have been lacking.

Probably I'll move on to The Breeders, and maybe some Hole, but for now I'll start with your song of the day.

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment