Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Sushi's Song of the Day, 5/18/2012: The WTF Edition

Okay so there's this:
                                         




Okay Cupid, by, um, Kitty Pryde



Kitty
Pryde
I forget where it was that I stumbled upon this...song type thing. I've listened to it several times since, with my brow slightly furrowed and my head bopping along seemingly of it's own volition. I feel like this is something I should not only not enjoy, but regard with utter contempt, mock, and deride.
I should hate this. I WANT so, so badly to hate it.

But I don't. It's kind of hypnotic or something, isn't it? And catchy? Her rhymes are pretty good and, I'm hoping, tongue in cheek.
I dunno, what do you think? Is there something wrong with me? I don't think I've ever felt conflicted about a song like this before. Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this. It's just a song. If I like it, I like it, right? No big deal. It's not like it's Ke$ha or something. Right?
Except I feel like it did something to my mind when I first heard it. Something sinister. And that my appreciation of this song is actually some sort of auditory Stockholm syndrome.

Here's another of her videos:




See? She's kind of clever, right? It's not just me...is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment