Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Just What Is Mincemeat, Anyway? Song of the day Bonus!

What is Mincemeat, you ask?

What's that? You didn't ask, you say? Well luckily for everyone involved, I simply do not give a fuck, and will tell you anyway. I'm that kind. I'll...edify your ass whether you want it or not.


Ahem...
From the Wikipedia: "Mincemeat is a mixture of chopped dried fruitdistilled spirits and spices, and sometimes beef suetbeef, or venison. Originally, mincemeat always contained meat"

So basically it's a little bit of everything potentially palatable. And in my admittedly limited yet awful experience, this hodgepodge of ingredients is generally thrown into something deceptively referred to as

PIE.

Pie, as I know it, is supposed to be sweet and tasty. Mincemeat Pie? Yeah, it's neither of those things. It is, however, well,...meaty.

But what, you ask (shut up, you are too, asking), does that have to do with this blog of mine?

Well, to be honest, I have no idea. I just like alliterations.
Just kidding, although I do really enjoy alliterations.

No, it, my blog, is a little bit of everything. Photography, Music, Pop Culture, Random Musings- Everything. Anything.
Except love. Or sex. Or anything remotely personal except as a careless aside.

EXAMPLE- I wrote in a recent post that I didn't get to check out my mother's camera, which I got her for Christmas, because we'd gotten into a fight. This was an explanation, not the story, you see? The personal may sometimes be part of the story, but it will never be the story. I'm done with that. So. So. Done.

A new day has dawned in funkytown, bitches. It ends up being more me, somehow, even though it's less actual me. Can you dig it?

I knew that you could.

Which brings me to the...Song of the day!!!


Exactly.


P.S.- On a personal note, I love Jack White, and we are, in my imagination, having a positively torrid affair, which I still wouldn't write about, personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment